To meet the increased demand for lift trucks to handle 20 to 40 tons, Clark Equipment Company's Industrial Truck Division has introduced a new line of trucks consisting of six models with capacity ratings from 40,000 to 80,000 pounds. The trucks, largest of Clark's C500 Y Line, have pneumatic tires and are diesel powered. They feature full-reversing powershift transmission, hydrostatic power steering and planetary axles. Clark has also introduced a high-mounted expandable container spreader, with a rate capacity of 70,000 pounds and a 48-inch load center. It has been designed to handle 20- and 40-foot containers and features automatic lock stops. With a 266-inch upright, the unit allows 9' 6" containers to be stacked three-high.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 205.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Fork lifts; Lifting equipment; Materials management; Spreaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Container spreaders
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189891
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM