TEAM CRANE SYSTEM
AB Hagglund & Soner has developed a computer-controlled team crane system. The system features mini-computer control and enables one man to operate two units of conventional twin cranes (a total of four singles cranes) as an integrated team. Since each single crane can be used independently, the system can lift various types of cargo ranging in weight from 25 to 100 tons. The company says it is suitable for multi-purpose cargoliners carrying containerized, heavy and general cargoes. Hagglund cranes offer such safety features as protection against overload and slack wire and limits of movement of hooks and jibs. The company is represented in the U.S. by Stal-Laval Inc.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 210.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Control systems; Cranes; Lifting equipment; Materials management
- Old TRIS Terms: Heavy lift cranes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189887
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM