Several engineering innovations designed to increase driver efficiency, safety and comfort in container handling are now available in a 42-ton forklift from Kalmar Inc. Kalmar says the new unit provides more driver visibility than any heavy forklift in the industry. The company says this visibility was achieved without sacrificing lift capacity or reliability by mounting the hydraulic lift cylinders outside the mast beams. For stability when moving fully loaded 40-foot containers, the new model is equipped with a patented six-wheel front drive. The unit is designed for ease of maintenance, with engine, tanks and pumps accessible through top service hatches. Other components are accessible through side service hatches.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item no. 220.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Fork lifts; Lifting equipment; Materials management
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM