The RPC Corp. has introduced the Grassshopper, a multi-purpose container spreader featuring telescoping arms to pick up trailers from the bottom of rail cars or tractors. When not used as a trailer lift, the arms stow tightly to reveal a 20- to 40-foot expandable container spreader. Designed for four-point suspension from gantry, boom or mobile crane, the unit has a working load of 88,000 pounds. RPC also offers a complete line of container spreaders, including the radio controlled Rad-Con 20-40 expandable spreader, which eliminates umbilical cords and special power hook-ups.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 202.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA USA 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Gantry cranes; Mobile cranes; Spreaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Container spreaders
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00189885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM