Kornylak Corp. says its Strad-O-Lift, a mechanized over-the-road cargo vehicle, has been improved by two major design changes. One change is the addition of devices which balance brake action and prevent jackknifing. The other improvement adds to the vehicle's ability to travel at normal highway speeds over railroad crossings and other rough surfaces. The Strad-O-Lift is a 20-ton capacity self-loading/unloading rig that reduces turnaround time by 300 per cent, the maker says. In operation, the unit is backed over a row of pallets or containers, then picks them up by a mechanism which also clamps and secures the load. The unit can then be driven at normal highway speeds. Upon arrival, the loading procedure is reversed.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 225.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA USA 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Loading and unloading; Pallets; Straddle trucks; Unloaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading systems; Palletized cargo; Self unloading equipment; Straddle carriers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189884
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM