CAT LIFT TRUCKS
Caterpillar offers two series of heavy-duty lift trucks capable of container operations -- the AM series for handling 36,000 to 40,000 pounds and the AH series for handling 40,00 to 60,000 pounds. The trucks feature a matched power train, with Caterpillar diesel engines coupled to a three-speed powershift transmission. The frames combine the structural advantages of both envelope and rail design to resist twisting and distortion. The drive wheel axle is of the stationary type, and puts the load width as close to the axle centerline as possible. Dual wheels are dual-chain driven with each set of chains having a breaking load strength of 92,000 pounds. Caterpillar lift trucks are manufactured by Towmotor Corp., a subsidiary.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 229.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Fork lifts; Lifting equipment
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189881
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM