Herbert Morris Ltd. of England supplies container cranes for dock and inland installations. A current order is for a 30-ton capacity railmounted crane for the new Freightliner terminal at the Royal Seaforth Dock at Liverpool. This crane has a Ward Leonard control system on the three main motions--cross travel, long travel and hoist. It is powered by motor-driven cable reel system and incorporates limited swing rope reeving. With a span of 15.85 meters, the crane can hoist at a rate of 10 meters per minute. Three spreader beams are provided, with electrically operated twist locks, enabling the crane to handle 20-, 35- and 40-foot units. Morris also has developed a rubber-tired crane, which can be easily moved from one location to another.
- When ordering from Reader Service Computer Center request item No. 213.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: n.p.
- CONTAINER NEWS
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Spreaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Container spreaders
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189880
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Communication Channels, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM