SATELLITES FOR SHIP-TO-SHORE COMMUNICATIONS
Seatrain Lines, Inc., Atlantic Container Division, has installed the new satellite communications system, Marisat, on four Euroclass vessels operating between the New York-New Jersey Port and points in Europe. The new system enables instant ship-to-shore communications for better coordination of shore facilities and to meet incoming cargo with appropriate manpower and equipment. Emergency response capability is also strengthened. With the Marisat system, Seatrain ship communications are integrated with three satellites positioned in a stationary orbit 22,240 miles above the equator. Telephone, telex and data messages can be sent as easily as on land.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7012964
International Association of Ports and HarborsKotohira-Kaikan Building, 1 Kotohiracho Minato-ku
Tokyo 105, Japan
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Communications satellites; Navigational satellites; Satellite communication; Telecommunications; Telex
- Old TRIS Terms: Telex communications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00189430
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transport, Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM