WAYSIDE-TRAIN RADIO OF THE FRENCH NATIONAL RAILWAYS
LES LIAISONS RADIO AVEC LES TRAINS A LA S.N.C.F.
The system described was designed to enable two-way radio telephone conversations to be made between the drivers of trains in motion on the one hand and traffic controllers, sub-station supervisors and staff at certain stations on the other, as well as between the drivers of trains in the same radio section. The equipment also enables a driver to set off a "radio warning" if there is an immediate danger to traffic. An alarm signal is received by the traffic controller if a train is stopped by the automatic vigilance device. The article explains how the system functions and its advantages, particularly as regards safety and the free flow of traffic. It contains a technical description of the equipment and its operation.
Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Francais92 rue Bonaparte
75 Paris 6e, France
- Huet, J
- Delavergne, R
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: n.p.
- REVUE GENERALE DES CHEMINS DE FER
- Volume: 97
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Disasters and emergency operations; Radio; Radio telephone; Railroad trains; Railroads; Transportation; Vigilance; Warning devices
- Identifier Terms: Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Old TRIS Terms: Train radio
- Subject Areas: Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189000
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM