FOUNDATIONS FOR SMALL SEAFLOOR INSTALLATIONS
The report presents a procedure for the design of foundations for small non-manrated and non-strategic seafloor installations, and is applicable only to installations with dimensions less than 15 feet and submerged weight less than 4,000 pounds. The procedures presented do not require a detailed analysis of the prospective site and are applicable to all seafloor sites, except those located on slopes greater than 10 degrees and those in areas of rapid sediment accumulation. Analyses of vertical and lateral loading and load resistance, tie downs, use of materials, and foundation emplacements are presented. Typical foundation types and special features are described. Two design problem examples are included to illustrate the design procedures. The procedures described have possible application to appurtenant offshore terminal structures.
Naval Civil Engineering LaboratoryPort Hueneme, CA USA
- Herrmann, H G
- Publication Date: 1972-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Erection (Building); Foundations; Installation; Naval architecture; Ocean engineering
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations (Structures); Seafloor foundations
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00044419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Galveston
- Report/Paper Numbers: N-1246 Tech Note
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM