USE OF WASTE MATERIALS IN HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE
A study of existing information is reported. Reference is made to a report prepared under the sponsorship of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development--"Use of Waste Materials and By-Products in Road Construction"--which reviews the use of materials from mining and quarry wastes and products, metallurgical wastes and by-products, industrial wastes and by products, municiapl wastes, agriculture and forestry wastes and by-products. This study focuses specific attention on economic, environmental, and energy considerations. A summary table is included, which indicates established or potential highway construction uses for each type of waste material.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 106
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Economic factors; Energy; Environmental impacts; Highway maintenance; Reviews; Road construction; Waste products
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic considerations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00195622
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Sep 29 1979 12:00AM