WHO WILL SUPPLY TOMORROW'S CARS?
Car ownership costs, incentive per diem and rate regulation are combining in an inflationary period to change ownership of the U.S. freight car fleet and affect maintenance and operating policies of Class I railroads. There is an incentive to keep cars off-line, a policy which runs counter to the requirements of a railroad's own shippers.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Kreyling Jr, E G
- Publication Date: 1979-5-28
- Pagination: p. 58
- TRT Terms: Car ownership (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Contract rates; Leasing; Operating costs; Return on investment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Per diem
- Subject Areas: Economics; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00195552
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM