PREDICTION OF MOTION AND HYDRODYNAMIC LOADS OF CATAMARANS
The analytical prediction of catamaran motions in head seas and hydrodynamic loads in beam seas is described. Correlation between the predicted and the model experimental results is presented and discussed. The analytical prediction is found satisfactory except for some discrepancies resulting from the inadequate account for viscous effects and the three-dimensional hydrodynamic effects.
- Presented at meeting of Chesapeake Section of SNAME.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterWashington, DC United States
- Lee, C M
- Jones, H D
- Curphey, R M
- Publication Date: 1973-3-14
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Hydrodynamics; Loads; Ship motion; Slamming; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Wave induced loads
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044413
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM