VIBRATORY COMPACTION OF BITUMINOUS CONCRETE -- WHERE DOES IT STAND?
The author reports that vibratory compaction offers higher densities with fewer passes as compared to compaction with static rollers, and therefore also offers economy in equipment operation.
- From the Technical Session, San Antonio, Texas, 21-23 February 1977.
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis155 Experimental Engineering Building
Minneapolis, MN United States 55455
- Hughes, C S
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 264-271
- Volume: 46
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Bituminous materials; Compaction; Concrete; Density; Economic factors; Granular materials; Road materials; Roads; Vibratory compaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Bituminous; Economic considerations
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00195345
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM