ON-BOARD PROCESSING FOR TRUCK/BUS FUEL ECONOMY AND OPERATIONAL DATA ACQUISITION
The use of an on-board micro-processor to acquire data on truck and bus performance during in-service operation enables the information transmitted by measurement sensors to be examined, processed, compacted or aggregated, and stored in memory by the on-board computer software. The system development requires a careful balance of the tradeoffs between hardware and software concepts which is quite different from considerations applied with normal "laboratory" type data acquisition systems.
- Preprint from the 13-16 November 1978 Meeting.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Hunter, R A
- Baker, J M
- Juhasz, J E
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Applications; Buses; Computers; Data collection; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Information processing; Microprocessors; Performance; Sensors; Software; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Computers (Microprocessor)
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00195316
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780960
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM