CHILDLINER -- A NEW LOGISTICS CONCEPT FOR URBAN-SUBURBAN COMMUTING
This paper presents a totally new concept for a mass transit system for urban-suburban commuters. Its principal features are a new jumbo size double decker bus which consists of compartments entered direct from a double-deck terminal dock. The bus would have no center aisle and would be longer than present vehicles thus vastly increasing the passenger carrying capacity and reducing loading and unloading time. The mainliners would be confined to super highways and terminals. The terminals would also be served by small feeder buses from outlying communities.
- Proceedings of Society of Logistic Engineering, International Logistic Symposium, St. Louis, Mo. August 22-24, 1978.
Society of Logistic Engineering303 Williams Avenue
Huntsville, AL USA 35801
- Child, J M
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 1
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Commuters; Double deck buses; Feeder buses; Intermodal terminals; Loading and unloading; Suburbs; Urban areas
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading time
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00195276
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM