E60C ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVES FOR THE BLACK MESA AND LAKE POWELL RAILROAD
A new 50 kilovolt, 60 hertz electric locomotive has been designed to meet American railroad standards and requirements. This new locomotive has been designated the E60C with a nominal rating of 6000 equivalent diesel horsepower (4500 kW). Many of the design features of the locomotive are described. In order to operate 125 km (78 miles) from the substation provisions were made in the locomotive circuits for operations at line voltages as low as 50% of nominal.
- This paper was recommended by the IEEE Land Transportation Committee of the IEEE Industry Applications Society for presentation at the 1973 Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Conference, St. Louis, Mo., April 11-12, 1973. The price is $1.35 for members.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- McSparran, L W
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; Electric power supply; Railroad electrification
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00044315
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper C73925-5-IA
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 1 1973 12:00AM