DATA ACQUISITION FOR AUTOMATED TRACK INSPECTION
The purpose of this paper is to describe the use of a mini-computer in an integrated track inspection program. The basic elements of such a program include the measuring vehicle, data reduction process, and presentation of data to the various management levels. The paper describes such a system which has been in use on the Southern Railway over five years, and points out desirable changes, problems and economics.
- This paper was recommended by the IEEE Land Transportation Committee of the IEEE Industry Applications Society for presentation at the 1973 Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Conference, St. Louis, Mo., April 11-12, 1973. The price is $1.35 for members.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Sullivan, J H
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Inspection; Railroad tracks; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Track inspection
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00044310
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper C73922-2-IA
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1976 12:00AM