SOUND LEVEL MEASUREMENTS, OCTAVE BAND ANALYSIS OF NOISE PRODUCED BY A LARGE SIZE DIESEL ENGINE WITH COMMENTS AND CRITIQUES OF THE ACTUAL BRAZILIAN LEGISLATION
The results are presented of measuring noise levels produced by a large maritime type diesel engine with a silencer. The measurements are analyzed for the engine operating under fully loaded conditions. The equipment and the procedures are described, and the results are tabulated by decibel and frequency. Comments concerning the impracticality of Brazilian Legislation on noise control are included.
Laboratorio de Acoustica e SonicaSao Paulo, Brazil
- Nepomuceno, L X
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Measurement; Noise; Ships; Sound transmission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise; Shipboard noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044300
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Shock and Vibration Digest
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-7202.564
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM