The Limits to Human Mobility. How Far Will You Go?
This book will examine the inadequacies that are inherent in the current thinking, along wit the resulting problems, such as pollution, congestion and noise. This book highlights the threat from the rapid increase in car use in China and India while it exposes the general travel experience of public vs. private transport, and transport technology. This book will focus on to what extent transport could be avoided and arrives at a new paradigm to underpin sustainable transport policies that are based on the fundamental characteristics of human mobility and focusing on quality and not quantity of travel.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9781844074938
Sterling, VA United States 20166-2012
- Metz, David
- Publication Date: 2008-8
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: 192p
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air pollution sources; Air transportation; Mobility; Noise; Public transit; Transit operating agencies; Trinidad asphalt
- Geographic Terms: China; India
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Environment; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01110017
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9781844074938
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 2008 9:25PM