TURBINE ENGINE COST REDUCTION USING LIFE CYCLE COST TECHNIQUES
This paper describes the technical approach and development of methodologies used to conduct design trade studies from a Life Cycle Cost standpoint. A discussion of computer program capability is followed by a general discussion of several engine design trade studies. The potential for influencing engine design using a Life Cycle Cost methodology is emphasized.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting Nov. 27-30 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Curry, C E
- Earle, R V
- Pedersen, G H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Aerospace engineering; Aircraft; Computer aided design; Computer programs; Cost control; Costs; Engines; Information processing; Life cycle costing; Turbofan engines; Turbojet engines; Turboprop engines; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Cost reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Finance; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00194701
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 781031
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM