PROCURING EQUIPMENT ITEMS THAT MEET R, M AND SS REQUIREMENTS
At a major or system contractor level approximately 80% of what is delivered to the customer is obtained from suppliers. The successful procurement of hardware items with reliability R, maintainability M, and system safety SS requirements of R, M, and SS program requirements involves no particularly new or unusual techniques. It does require the consistent, disciplined use of several of the tools presently available, i.e., the item specification, a really comprehensive statement of work and a data reuqirements list. These all must be closely coordinated so that they "track together" . Clear distinctions between tasks to be accomplished, requirements for the design, and data items to be prepared are essential. Also, most system contractors need to better inform their potential suppliers.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting Nov. 27-30 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Hood, R K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Aerospace engineering; Contractors; Contracts; Maintainability; Procurement; Reliability; Suppliers
- Old TRIS Terms: Component suppliers; Procurement management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation;
- Accession Number: 00194699
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 781025
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM