RECOGNITION OF DAMAGE -- TOLERANCE IN CIVIL AIRWORTHINESS STANDARDS
Amendments relating to the structural fatigue evaluation requirements are described. The amendments improve and update the airworthiness standards applicable to the type certification of civil transport category airplanes. They take into account state-of-the-art developments and accumulated service experience. The authority for and origin of the related rules is also briefly traced. The interest in world-wide acceptance of these new standards is noted.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting Nov. 27-30 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Dougherty, J E
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Airworthiness; Certification; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue (Physiological condition); Loss and damage; Standards; Structural analysis; Structural design; Transport aircraft
- Old TRIS Terms: Damage tolerant design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00194697
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 781019
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM