USE OF RADIO CONTROLLED MODELS IN THE CONCEPTUAL DEVELOPMENT OF V/STOL AIRCRAFT
For a number of years Grumman Aerospace Corporation has made use of radio controlled models on many of its development programs. Benefits of radio controlled model usage are found in technical areas where they are regarded as valid for certain tasks the airplane design business as well as in economic areas due to the inexpensiveness of the variety of models which are considered herein relative to their performances.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting Nov. 27-30 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kress, R W
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 15 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Mathematical models; Remote control; Structural models; Vehicle design; VTOL aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft models; Radio controlled models
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Design; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00194695
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 781050
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM