PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING: 1971-1972 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE LOCOMOTIVES
This paper is the report of ASME Survey Committee RR-5 for locomotive design and development in the period September 1, 1971 to September 1, 1972. It discusses developments in high speed passenger locomotives and train sets and provides data and pictures of new diesel-electric and electric locomotives introduced in North America and overseas countries.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, New York, November 26-30, 1972.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel locomotives; Electric locomotives; High speed rail; Locomotives; Mechanical engineering
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044290
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 72-WA/RT-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1974 12:00AM