NEW TRACK RECORDING METHODS. 1.2.
The first part of the paper presents a new track recording method for determining the position of the track under static load. Special features of this method are a very high accuracy (up to 1/10 mm) and the possibility to record the geometrical state of the track over longer sections up to several kilometres, rendering possible the detection of extra long-wave deviations. In conjunction with the position recording procedure, the rail-profile in each section is also recorded. The demands on the recording method are summarised, and details are given of the mathematical relations used to describe the track position. This is followed by a description of the recording procedure and its most essential components. Some results of the initial trails are given as examples. Part 1 concludes with an outlook on the future development trends. The second part describes a method for determining the dynamic track parameters, i.e. masses, stiffnesses and dampings. Starting with a detailed definition of the requirements, the recording concept is outlined, which is essentially based on the methods of experimental structure identification. Using a schematic, it is shown how the dynamic track parameters can be calculated from the measured results. A description of the experimental setup provided for tryout of the new method is followed by a report on the tests performed and the results obtained.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0373322X
- See also Volume 102 No. 12 pages 367-374, December 1978 issue.
Siemens (Georg) VerlagsbuchhandlungLuetzowstrasse 105-196
1 Berlin 30, Germany
- Budde, U
- Michels, W
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: p. 343-348
- Glasers Annalen ZEV
- Volume: 102
- Issue Number: 11
- Publisher: Siemens (Georg) Verlagsbuchhandlung
- ISSN: 0373-322X
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Defects; Inspection cars; Measurement; Railroad tracks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stiffness
- Old TRIS Terms: Track geometry measurement; Track irregularities
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00194650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM