CALCULATION CHOLRIDE VS SNOW AND ICE
Calcium chloride is frequently mixed with rock salt to facilitate snow and ice removal, especially at low temperatures. Besides making snow and ice removal more efficient, it lowers the cost of such operations since less salt in needed. This article presents the experience and opinions of a small cross-section of calcium chloride uses who employed the substance during the rather severe winters (above normal snowfall and below normal temperatures) of the past few years.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1519687
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 14-17
- TRT Terms: Calcium chloride; Deicing chemicals; Snow and ice control
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00194397
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Spec Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM