FLAGS OF CONVENIENCE AND SHIPPING STRATEGIES
This paper describes the proportion of the world's Flag of Convenience (FOC) fleet and the process of development during the past years. It is assumed that the "FOC" fleet still will go on expanding for some time. Furthermore a view is given of the general interest in the greek flag registration. Besides, the term quasi flag of convenience is explained. Order from NSFI as No. 16564.
- Symposium on Maritime Research and European Shipping and Shipbuilding, Netherlands Maritime Institute, Rotterdam, March 29-31, 1978.
Netherlands Maritime InstituteJavastraat 1C
The Hague, Netherlands
- Metaxas, B N
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 198
- TRT Terms: Flags of convenience; Fleet management; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00194353
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM