USING VIDEO PULSE SEQUENCING FOR SOUNDING SEA ICE
The report contains discussion of a method of sounding sea ice by means of a sequence of video pulses of nanosecond duration with a frequency of recurrence of the order of several tens of megahertz. On the basis of the known electrical characteristics of sea ice, obtained in laboratory conditions, the shapes of signals reflected from the surfaces of various thickness and salinity are calculated. The results of a full-scale experiment are discussed.
- Translation of Radioteknika i Elektronika (USSR) V17 N10, pp 2108-2112, 1972.
Joint Publications Research Service,
- Publication Date: 1972-12-22
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Doppler radar; Ice; Ice phenomena; Salinity; Thickness
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice characteristics; Ice thickness; Radar echoes
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00044231
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM