TYPICAL PHENOMENA OF THE STIRLING CYCLE AS ENCOUNTERED IN A NUMERICAL APPROACH
Modern computers make it possible to calculate the characteristics of the stirling cycle by numerical methods. This paper presents an analysis of the accuracy of these methods with respect to the spacial subdivision and time step intervals. A convective influence coefficients in defined to judge the dispersion of temperature distributions introduced by the upsteam finite difference method.
- Proceedings of the 13th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Fokker, H
- Van Eekelen, JAM
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 1746
- TRT Terms: Numerical analysis; Simulation; Stirling engines; Temperature
- Uncontrolled Terms: Temperature distribution
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193338
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 789113
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM