A SIMPLE METHOD OF CALCULATING STIRLING ENGINES FOR ENGINE DESIGN OPTIMIZATION
A calculation method is presented for a rhombic drive Stirling engine with a tubular heater and cooler and a screen type regenerator. Generally the equations presented describe power generation and consumption and heat losses. It is the simplest type of analysis that takes into account the conflicting requirements inherent in Stirling engine design. The method itemizes the power and heat losses for intelligent engine optimization. The results of engine analysis of the GPU-3 Stirling engine are compared with more complicated engine analysis and with engine measurements.
- Proceedings of the 13th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Martini, W R
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 1753
- TRT Terms: Design; Electric power transmission; Heat loss; Optimization; Stirling engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Power systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193331
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 789115
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM