RESEARCH ON A DUAL-CHAMBER STRATIFIED CHARGE ENGINE
One alternative to the problem of improving fuel consumption while reducing high exhaust emissions is the dual chamber stratified charge spark ignition engine. This paper describes the various phases of the research program now being conducted. Its purpose is to better understand the basic combustion process in this type of engine and the fundamental limitations involved. Typical results obtained in the initial phases of study are illustrated.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE Earthmoving Industry Conference, Peoria, Illinois, 10-12 April 1978. G. Edwin Burks Lecture.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Hull, W L
- SORENSON, S C
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- SAE Technical Paper Series
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- ISSN: 0148-7191
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Stratified charge engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193329
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780488, HS-025 512U
- Contract Numbers: NSF-AER-74-20702
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1985 12:00AM