THE OPTIMIZATION OF STIRLING CYCLE MACHINES
The problem of numerical optimization of Stirling cycle machines is discussed and applied to the optimization of a one kW free piston Stirling engine. Stirling cycle simulation programs at the heart of the analysis are outlined with emphasis on noteworthy computational features and adaptations peculiar to free piston design. A function minimization algorithm is presented which overcomes many inadequacies of conventional algorithms when applied to the Stirling cycle optimization.
- From: Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, 13th Proceedings.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Gedeon, D R
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 1784-90
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Computer programs; Optimization; Simulation; Stirling engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193313
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 789193 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM