A question of performance: do PMBs work?
In 2005 the Australian Asphalt Pavement Association (AAPA) established a project focusing on polymer modified binder performance in the field. The major aim of the project was to provide greater assurance to users that polymer modified binders (PMBs) are being delivered in a 'fit-for-purpose' state. An earlier initiative of the AAPA team was the development and publication of a code of practice for the manufacture, storage and handling of PMBs, a document aimed at promulgating best practice throughout the PMB supply chain. Another initiative of the project was to identify and quantify the perceptions of end users and operations personnel of the performance of PMBs in the field, both in their application and in service. This paper reports on the activities of the AAPA PMB field quality project and the development, conduct and outcomes of a survey of user perceptions conducted by ARRB Group on behalf of AAPA. (a) For the covering entry of this conference, please see ITRD abstract no. E216180.
- DACK, S
- Publication Date: 2007-10
- Pagination: 9P
- AAPA PAVEMENTS INDUSTRY CONFERENCE, 2007, SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA
- Publisher: Australian Asphalt Pavement Association
- TRT Terms: Binders; Bituminous mixtures; Building materials; Conferences; Manufactures; Polymers; Properties of materials; Quality assurance; Questionnaires
- ITRD Terms: 4948: Binder; 4967: Bituminous mixture; 8525: Conference; 9147: Interview; 3647: Manufacture; 4555: Material (constr); 7482: Polymer; 5925: Properties; 9123: Quality assurance
- Subject Areas: Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials; I33: Other Materials used in Pavement Layers;
- Accession Number: 01099906
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: TRL
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: May 27 2008 8:59AM