DEVELOPING MAINTENANCE MACHINERY FOR HIGH-SPEED TRACK
Restoration of faultless track geometry is the purpose of track maintenance work. Modern maintenance machines measure track geometry by measuring systems and change track position by lifting and slewing. The improved geometry is fixed by tamping. The usual way of operation is the automatic mode. Fully automatic lining and leveling methods use chord systems which are moved along the track and find a smoothed curvature within the length of the system. High speed track requires excellent geometry and sufficient strength. Research and development to meet the requirements are described.
- Dynamics of Vehicles on Roads and on Tracks, Proceedings of the Vehicle System Dynamics (VSD) Symposium, 5th, and Int Union of Theor and Applied Mech (IUTAM) Symposium, 2nd, Technical University of Vienna, Austria, September 19-23, 1977.
Swets and ZeitlingerKiezersgracht 487
- RIESSBERGER, K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 459-463
- TRT Terms: Applications; Automatic test equipment; Equipment; High speed track; Maintenance; Maintenance of way; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Railroad cars; Railroad facilities; Railroad tracks; Tamping; Testing
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic testing; Tampers; Track geometry measurement; Track maintenance equipment; Track maintenance machines; Track testing
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00190293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM