SAE ON THE INTERNATIONAL AIR CARGO SCENE
This paper deals with the broad aspects of how the Society of Automotive Engineers, Aerospace Equipment Division, is involved in promoting air cargo standards on the international scene. As such, the various standards organizations for air cargo items are identified, their charters explained, how they interface with each other, and, specifically, how SAE has an inroad in projecting technical standards developed by Committe AGE-2, Air Cargo & Aircraft Ground Equipment Systems. As a case in point, the 8 foot by 8 foot container specification is traced chronologically.
- Paper presented at SAE Meeting September 26-28, 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Riggs, R V
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air transportation; Commodities; Containerization; Containers; Freight traffic; Standardization; Standards
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00190191
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780877
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM