WHAT WE LEARNED FROM THE FIRST CONTAINER REVOLUTION
A paradigm is created for the development of air freight cargo containerization, through a discussion of the progress of marine cargo containerization and through an examination of the forces fostering the growth of intermodal container transport, including the evolution and acceptance of ISO standards for container design, operation and maintenance, and the critical role of the container leasing company in providing unique fleet management and maintenance services.
- Paper presented at SAE Meeting September 26, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Smith, J A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air transportation; Commodities; Containerization; Containers; Freight traffic; Leasing; Standards
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00190188
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780871
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM