GUIDE TO DOCKING FACILITIES FOR SHIPS OVER 200,000 TONNES D.W.
A third edition of the useful English language handbook on docking facilities for vessels over 200,000 tonnes d.w. is now available. The previous edition appeared in 1975. Two pages are devoted to each docking facility and the particulars are given in tabular form for which there is an explanatory key at the beginning of the book. In most cases there is also an aerial photograph showing the dockside cranes, proximity of repair shops, and access roads. The technical details given for each docking facility include type of blocks and whether these are fixed or movable longitudinally or transversely; the number of rows of blocks; and their normal transverse and longitudinal spacing. Full communication particulars are given for each establishment with addresses, telephone and telex numbers. The book is completed with details of docks under construction.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
IPC Industrial Press LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Blocks; Construction; Cranes; Directories; Docking; Docks; Drydocks
- Old TRIS Terms: Dock construction; Dock facilities; Docking blocks; Drydock facilities
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189918
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: IPC Industrial Press Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM