PROTECTION OF TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES AGAINST EARTHQUAKES
This study is an examination of federal involvement in the earthquake field, specifically in the transportation field. The report discusses the need for reexamination of the criteria used in the design of transportation structures, stepped-up earthquake-related programs, and better coordination between federal agencies. It also discusses earthquake history in the United States, existing standards for earthquake-resistant design and construction of transportation systems, and possible modifications to existing transportation structures.
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1972-2-18
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Earthquakes; Safety; Structures; Tunnels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00044000
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-STS-72-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 1 1974 12:00AM