THE MODERN RAILWAY: GOOD OR BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?
DIE MODERNE EISENBAHN: UMWELTFREUNDLICK ODER NICHT?
Following comments on noise recordings and noise comparison between rail and road transport, the author concludes that rail transport emits less noise, fewer noxious substances and causes fewer accidents. It also requires less space and less energy than road transport.
Tetzlaff Verlag GmbHHavelstrosse 9, Postfach 4006
D-6100 Darmstadt 1, Germany
- HAUCK, G
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 248-252
- INTERNATIONALES VERKEHRSWESEN
- Volume: 30
- Issue Number: 4
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Environmental impacts; Safety; Sound level
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00189773
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM