Sharing the road: what are drivers really ready to learn?
The Victorian Road Freight Advisory Council advises VicRoads on the development, planning, regulation and operation of road freight services in Victoria. Each year the Council consults with the road freight industry and other stakeholders through a series of road freight forums. One of the most frequently raised issues at the forums is the perceived lack of understanding by the road users about the operational requirements of heavy vehicles. The development of a comprehensive communication plan to improve the understanding of the issues related to sharing the roads with heavy vehicles has been included as an action item in the Council's work program. The two projects summarised in this paper were commissioned to support this work. (a) For the covering entry of this conference, please see ITRD abstract no. E216178.
- CAIRNEY, P
- CALLARD, M
- Publication Date: 2007-10
- Pagination: 9P
- AUSTRALASIAN ROAD SAFETY RESEARCH POLICING EDUCATION CONFERENCE, 2007, MELBOURNE, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
- Publisher: THE MEETING PLANNERS
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Crashes; Drivers; Education; Freight transportation; Safety; Travelers; Trucks
- ITRD Terms: 1643: Accident; 8525: Conference; 1772: Driver; 2284: Education; 1112: Freight transport; 1236: Lorry; 1755: Road user; 1665: Safety
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 01095131
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 25 2008 8:37AM