Reliever airport planning : zoning, noise complaints and analysis of small hub airport influence area
This thesis discusses the general purpose of reliever airports and analyses the effects of reliever airports on hub airports primarily concerned with air carrier or passenger operations. The basis for this topic is the National Plan for Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS) report 2005. While this thesis questions the listed NPIAS definition of what a reliever airport is, the airports listed as reliever airports in this thesis are those as defined in the NPIAS report. This thesis serves to prove a direct correlation between the commercial and business enterprises of reliever airports and those commercial and business enterprises of hub airports. In addition, this thesis addresses noise complaints and zoning around reliever airports to identify what factors influence adjacent community dissatisfaction with reliever airports. In addition to noise and business, the fluctuating price of fuel is addressed relative to reliever airports. These factors serve the purpose to improve techniques in reliever airport planning. Lastly, this thesis addresses local affects of small hub airports on other local hub airports and addresses local regression analysis on these small hub airports effects. This includes a summary of the myth behind small hub airports relative to reliever airports and seven areas of analysis. The analysis includes linear regression results organized and studied using TransCAD software.
- Thesis (M.C.E.)--University of Delaware, 2006. Zoning, noise complaints and analysis of small hub airport influence area Microfiche. Ann Arbor, Mich. : ProQuest Information and Learning Company, 2007. 2 microfiches.
- Fry, Michael Glynn
- Publication Date: 2006
- Features: Bibliography; Illustrations; Maps;
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Planning
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 01094685
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University, Evanston
- Report/Paper Numbers: 14-35867 UMI
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Apr 24 2008 8:50PM