VIBRATIONS OF AFT PART OF HIGH OUT-PUT SHIPS
A philosophy for integral treatment of interaction between propulsive plants and hull steel-work, from static and dynamic (free and forced vibrations) point of view is exposed. Example of studies related to three newly built inconventional and high output ships (speedy ro-ros, large lng carriers, and twin-screw half mega dwt ULCC's) are presented. Order from NSFI as No. 16453.
- Proceedings of the PRADS. International Symposium on Practical Design in Shipbuilding, Tokyo, October 1977.
International Symp on Pract Design in Shipbuild,
- Volcy, G C
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 181
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Hulls; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Propellers; Roll on roll off ships; Ships; Tankers; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull propeller interaction; Hull vibration; Propeller vibration; Twin screws
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189303
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM