ELECTRICAL FIELD STRENGTH IN CARGO TANK OF SEVEN TANKERS DURING OR AFTER TANK WASHING
This report reviews the results of electrostatic measurements during seven tanker voyages in an attempt to determine the isolated effect of several parameters on the measured field strength. The parameters influencing field strength included wash water pressure, water throughput, wash water temperature, chemicals in wash water, tank condition (Clean or dirty), tank size, geometry and internal construction, type of washing machine, and tank coating.
Chevron Research Company576 Standard Avenue, P.O. Box 1627
Richmond, CA USA 94802
- Klaver, R F
- Publication Date: 1971-11-2
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Electrostatics; Storage tanks
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank cleaning
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00043962
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mine Safety Appliances Research Corporation
- Report/Paper Numbers: 6756
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM