SCHEDULING OF CARGO HANDLING IN STEVEDORING COMPANIES
The authors describe a planning model constructed to analyse the role of the stevedoring company in the process of transportation and cargo handling. Systems analysis is used to examine stevedoring procedures and scheduling of labour over short medium and long term planning periods. Many illustrations and diagrams explain the nature and results of the analysis and show the considerations such as vessel movements and labour availability that are involved in this study. The authors conclude with costings on the application of their model on a time sharing basis to the stevedoring firm described in the report.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00407623
- Copies of the original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 0.50 pounds to members and 2.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
Netherlands Institute for TransportTreubstraat 35
- Meeuse, G C
- Zandvliet, C A
- Loking, FCJ
- Wolters, J L
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 46 p.
- Magazine for Transport Science
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: Netherlands Centre for Transp, Training & Consult
- ISSN: 0040-7623
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Costs; Freight transportation; Labor force; Loading and unloading; Longshoremen; Merchant fleet operation; Ship motion; Systems analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Ship movements; Stevedore operations; Unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM