WORLD RO-RO CARGO FLEET AS OF JANUARY 1978
This survey is compiled by Fearnley & Egers Chartering Co. Oslo, and comprises cargo vessels above 400 g.r.t. where the cargo is, wholly or mainly, roll-on/off through large fore/aft doors but excluding car carriers. The main types appearing in the tables are classified as: 1. excluding types 3 & 4); 2. Overseas Carriers, (Ro-Ro vessels of 10,000 g.r.t. and over, excluding types 3 & 4); 3. Car Carriers, (Ro-Ro vessels with bow, stern and/or side doors for the carriage of new cars excluding car/bulk carriers); 4. Passenger/Cargo Ro-Ro Vessels, (vessels especially built for Ro-Ro cargo, but with accommodation for between 12 and 100 passengers (drivers). It is emphasised that the report is only concerned with vessels for carrying cargo. Thus, car/passenger ferries are excluded and also bulk carriers with removable car decks. Table 1 shows Ro-Ro cargo vessels in operation and on order January 1978. Table 2 shows Ro-Ro cargo vessels in operation January 1978 by country or registry. Table 4 gives Ro-Ro vessels on order January 1978 by year of delivery.
- Copies of original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 0.50 pounds to members and 2.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
Selvigs Forlag A/SRadhusgaten 8, Postbox 162
Oslo 1, Norway
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 3 p.
- NORWEGIAN SHIPPING NEWS
- Issue Number: 12
- TRT Terms: Automobile rack cars; Cargo ships; Directories; Fleet management; Freight traffic; Passenger ships; Roll on roll off ships; Statistics; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Car carriers; Fleet statistics; Passenger vessels; Ro/ro vessels; Survey reports
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188748
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM