CONTROL OF OIL AND OTHER HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
The report discusses the problem of oil spills and their control. A review of the following topics is presented: Oil spill problem (from refineries, tankers, offshore drilling); Oil characteristics (chemical, physical, analysis, sampling, biodeterioration); Oil spill prevention, control, and treatment; and Legal response (legislation, national and regional contingency plans).
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Water Programs, 401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Biodeterioration; Contingency planning; Marine biology; Oil spills; Pollution; Pollution control; Prevention; Tankers; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill prevention; Pollution contingency plans; Tanker pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00043926
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM