NEED AND IMPACT OF LONG-TERM ADVANCES IN AIRCRAFT TECHNOLOGY: THE AIRLINE'S POINT OF VIEW
This paper reviews the airline requirements for advanced aircraft technology in the period 10-20 years hence. Primary emphasis is placed on developments necessary to minimize fuel consumption in order to both offset expected increases in fuel prices and to prepare for the day when the supply of jet fuel may become restricted. The paper also reviews the probable developments in the pricing and marketing of the airline product and the consequent effects on the demand of the airlines for very high speed aircraft such as the SST and very long range aircraft such as the 747SP.
- For Meeting held May 1-4, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- SHAW, R R
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Airlines; Demand; Economic forecasting; Forecasting; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Market research; Pricing; Socioeconomic factors; Specifications; Supersonic aircraft; Supersonic speed; Technology; Transport aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic and sociological effects
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188589
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 7805
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM