DIRECTIONS FOR DEVELOPING AN AIR CARGO SYSTEM PLANNING MODEL
This paper highlights the need and provides a direction for formulating a system planning model to assess the requirements in all segments of the air cargo industry. Currently operational models of the demand for and supply of air cargo services are neither sufficiently policy-sensitive nor detailed enough to be responsive to the interactions of both supply and demand. Thus, based on classical economic theory an interactive framework for a system planning model is suggested. Techniques ranging from mathematical programming to econometrics are proposed to develop the various components within the system.
- For Meeting held May 1-4, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Kivestu, P A
- MATHAISEL, DFX
- Taneja, N K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Applications; Commodities; Demand; Econometrics; Economic forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Mathematical models; Planning; Programming (Mathematics); Systems engineering
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft transportation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Research;
- Accession Number: 00188588
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780556
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM