AIR TRANSPORTATION ENERGY EFFICIENCY
This paper reviews the energy efficiency of air transportation, summarizes the results of the recently completed study, "Reducing the Energy Consumption of the Commercial Air Transportation System," conducted under the sponsorship of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and with the coordinated efforts of the Douglas Aircraft Company, Lockheed-California Company, United Air Lines, Inc., and United Technologies Research Center. Also discussed is the NASA Aircraft Energy Efficiency Research Program now underway to develop the technology for significant improvements in future aircraft.
- Effects of Energy Constraints on Transport Systems, Proceedings of the National Conference, 4th, Union College, Schenectady, New York, August 1-5, 1977.
Union CollegeSchenectady, NY USA 12308
- Williams, L J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 215-239
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Fuel consumption
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Environment;
- Accession Number: 00188556
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM